Ownership of Bevendean Farm
The pre-1945 estate page now has more information on the ownership of Bevendean Farm from 1698.
Aircraft Landing on the Avenue Green
On the 16 May 1939 an aircraft made an emergency landing just before midnight as it was running oput of petrol.
Plan to build Prefabs on the Avenue Green
Added to the page in the estate section on the prefabs, plans also added to the Maps page.
Memories of the Prefabs in Heath Hill Avenue
Pamela Springgay remembers living in a prefab in Heath Hill Avenue next to Andre Bevan.
Bevendean Newspaper Stories from the 1940s and 1950s
Mr Toppings Newspaper Boys - Newsagents at no. 10 Upper Bevendean Avenue.
Boys make a Cricket Ground on the Avenue Green about 1946/47.
Doctors Surgery in Heath Hill Ave
Surgery closed in 2016 plus photographs and plans.
Self Build Bungalows in Heath Hill Avenue
Two different Self Build Associations constructed 50 semi-detached bungalows on the either side of Heath Hill Avenue including photographs taken during the work.
More photographs of Prefabs in Heath Hill Avenue
Photographs from Brian Donaldson.
Interview with the son and daughter of Mr & Mrs Byrne
Mr & Mrs Byrne were the first landlords of the White Admiral Public House in Bevendean.
The Self-build Houses in Plymouth Avenue
Plans and photographs have been added to this section.
Newspaper articles are now on a separate page.
Inscription on Commemorative Plaque.
More photographs of Stanmer Church and Village
Stanmer churchyard memorial photographs.
Donkey Wheel and Horse Gin at Stanmer.
More information of Cambridgeshire Farm and John Munro who lived there from 1942 to 1955.
Coldean from 1800
Maps and photographs of Coldean from 1800 to the mid 1950s.
Photographs of Falmer Village on 13 April 1976
The photographs were taken by Brighton Borough Council Surveyors Department before work started on the new A27 through Falmer village
The Recipes can be found in the Farm section and the Original Press Release is now at the bottom of the news page.
The section Bevendean in the 21st century will contain information on Bevendean from the year 2000.
Beyond Bevendean now contains information on the Parish of Falmer since Bevendean was in the Parish of Falmer until 1931.
The Bevendean History Booklet was published in 2014
A copy of the booklet is available for a small donation from the LECCA Cafe in Leybourne Road, Lower Bevendean. http://leccacafe.co.uk
Alternatively you can use the contact form on the website.