The other part of Coldean was in the parish of Stanmer.
The Ancient Parish of Falmer
This was the centre for both civil and ecclesiastical administration for the area
Falmer was recorded as Falemere in the Doomsday Book.
Plus pictures from c1900 to the present day.
The Moulsecoomb Estate
Now the cities biggest housing estate
The house is of different dates
|The Bevendean Hotel, now known as the Bevy
The hotel is thought to have opened in late 1936 or early 1937
The farm was sold for housing in 1920s & 30sThe 67 Centre
Moulsecoomb Youth Club opened in 1967
The Coldean Estate
The land was originally in Chailey Rural District and taken into Brighton in 1928
|The Stanmer Estate
Stanmer village date back to Norman timesStanmer Park and Village
Pictures from 1874 to 21st century
Between 1955 and 1957 Fourty men built their own houses in Ashurst Road.
A link to all self-build housing schemes can be found on The Estates page
|Canal on Land at Bevendean|
In 1825 plans were drawn up for a Canal to run from Brighthelston to Lewes passing over land at Bevendean Farm
|The Lewes Road|
This road runs from the east side of the Level to Falmer Hill on the east side of Stanmer Park